Property Exempt From Tax
What is exempt from property tax?
- Intangible personal property. Money at interest, bonds, notes, shares of stock, business records, canned computer software, surveys and designs, and the materials on which the data are recorded (paper, tape, film, etc.) (ORS 307.020).
- All items held exclusively for personal use. Household goods, furniture, clothing, tools, and equipment used exclusively for personal use in and around your home (ORS 307.190).
- Farm animals. Livestock, poultry, fur-bearing animals, and bees (ORS 307.394).
- Inventories. Items of tangible personal property which are or will be sold in the ordinary course of business (materials, containers, goods in process, and finished goods) (ORS 307.400).
- Farm machinery and equipment (ORS 307.394).
- Licensed vehicles other than fixed load/mobile equipment (ORS 801.285).
For additional information on the aboved referenced statutes, please browse the ORS Chapters.
Education & Outreach –
Taxpayer Business Personal Property Seminar
January 21, 2016; 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Charles D. Cameron Public Services Building
155 N. First Avenue, Room 140
Business owners, accountants, tax consultants and preparers; are encouraged to attend a Taxpayer Business Personal Property Seminar to learn how to file the Confidential Personal Property Return. This seminar is open to the general public. For additional information or to RSVP, e-mail Rebeca_Halsen@co.washington.or.us or call (503) 846-3919.