Requirements and Conditions
The registration fee is $60.00, payable when the form is filed. We do accept cash and personal checks. We do not accept debit or charge cards.
- Registrants do not need to be residents of Washington County.
- One registrant must be an Oregon resident
- There is no waiting period.
- The Domestic Partnership form must be signed by both parties, and must have signatures notarized. Please be advised that there is no notary available in the County Clerk's office.
- There are no exceptions or waivers to the registration fee.
- No refunds are made once the form is filed.
- Legal age in the State of Oregon for both parties is 18 years of age.
When Domestic Partnerships Are Not Recognized
Oregon state law does not allow a domestic partnership to be issued to parties of opposite gender.
Oregon state law does not allow a domestic partnership between first cousins or nearer kin.
Forms By Mail
To obtain a domestic partnership form by mail, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Hillsboro, OR 97124
A form will be mailed to you with instructions on how to fill it out. Upon approval, which is normally within 3 days of receipt, we will send your certificate to you.