Drop Off Ballots for November Election
For Immediate Release Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Ballots Should be Mailed by Thursday, October 31 to Arrive on Time
Washington County elections officials are asking last-minute voters to mail or drop off their ballots as soon as possible so that all ballots are processed in a timely manner. To ensure that mailed ballots arrive on time, voters should plan to get them in the mail by Thursday, October 31.
A total of 104,778 Washington County residents are eligible to vote in this special election. With one week left in the vote-by-mail election period, the Elections Division has received 15,166 ballots, or about 14.5 percent of all those who are eligible, based on their voting district and the issues being presented.
24-hour Drop-Off Sites
Voters may drop off their completed ballots before the 8 p.m. deadline on November 5 at several 24-hour drop-off sites, including:
- Washington County Elections Office, 3700 S.W. Murray Boulevard, Beaverton (Look for the slot in the front lobby.)
- Washington County Charles D. Cameron Public Services Building, 155 N. 1st Avenue, Hillsboro (Look for the drop box near the rear entrance of building.)
- Cornelius City Hall, 1355 N. Barlow Street, Cornelius
- Hillsboro Library - Main Branch, 2850 N.E. Brookwood Parkway, Hillsboro
- North Plains City Hall, 31360 N.W. Commercial Street, North Plains
- Sherwood City Hall, 22560 S.W. Pine Street, Sherwood
- Tigard City Hall, 13125 S.W. Hall Boulevard, Tigard
Media Contact:Elections Office