Civil Infraction

Sometimes, problems happen when our Animal Control officers aren't there to witness the law being broken. There is a formal citizen complaint process for prosecuting some kinds of complaints even when we do not witness the violation. If a case involves a barking dog, a dog running loose off its owner's property, or a dog injuring a human or another pet, you may be able to file a complaint called a civil infraction.