The citizens of Washington County have been generous to the homeless pets at the Bonnie L. Hays Small Animal Shelter. Last year, we received nearly $120,000 in donations. We also received many donations of pet food, bedding, blankets, and other important items that our animals need to live clean, safe, humane lives while they’re in our care.
While some donations are used to pay for shelter operations, we also have funds that you can make direct contributions for special purposes.
Our Shelter Enhancement Fund provides income to improve the physical environment of the shelter, such as more space for more animals. The Aurora Fund, our animal neglect fund, pays for specialized medical or foster care for animals that have been abused or severely neglected.
You may bring your tax-deductible gift to our shelter or mail your cash contribution with this easy donation form Simply print the donation form and mail it with your gift to help the animals. Our Tax ID number is 93-6002316.
It makes an enormous difference in the lives of the animals when people share so generously. The more that people help us, the more we can help the animals.
Your gifts will help:
- Adopt pets to loving, responsible new homes
- Spay and neuter the dogs and cats before adoptions
- Help us reunite lost pets with their owners
- Rescue stray and injured animals
- Investigate animal cruelty and abuse
- Investigate dog bites and apprehend vicious dogs
- Provide outreach to the community
- And much more!