You may purchase your new or renewal dog license online through our secure site.
Please read all of the instructions below:
Choose the new dog license or renewal option. Fill in information about you and your dog. Enter credit card payment information. Print or e-mail a copy of your receipt.
Note: Our secure site accepts Visa and MasterCard. There is no additional fee to purchase your license online.
If you order a new dog license, your permanent license tag will arrive by mail within 2 – 4 weeks. Renewal licenses utilize the existing tag. Please let us know if your dog has lost their tag so that a new number and tag can be issued to them for $5.
For a new or renewal license to be complete, you must provide proof of rabies and sterilization. You may email, mail or fax these certificates to Washington County Animal Services. You do not need to send these certificates if your license renewal card already shows current rabies and sterilization.
You will need the following information when you order a dog license:
- Pet information (name, breed, color, age, etc.)
- Your veterinarian’s name
- Current rabies certificate
- Date of rabies vaccination and expiration date
- Visa or MasterCard number and expiration date.
Seniors Please Note: We give discounts to senior citizens (65 year or older) on dog licenses. The dogs can be any age, but must be altered (spayed or neutered) and we are only able to apply a maximum of two discounts per household.
- Our system will allow first-time applicants to receive the senior rate on-line. Please provide us with a copy of your govenment issued identification (driver's license, passport, etc.) via fax, mail, email or by stopping by the shelter to show ID in person.
- If you are a previous licensee and turn 65, the discount cannot be applied when renewing online due to limitations to the software. You will need to show your ID in order to receive the senior discount.
This license is not valid if the applicant has offered, used, transmitted, or caused to be transmitted any information or data that is false, fraudulent or incorrect in any manner.