Cat Adoption Discounts at Bonnie Hays Small Animal Shelter
For Immediate Release: Friday, July 12, 2013
It happens this time of year: Suddenly the Bonnie Hays Small Animal Shelter is bursting at the seams with kittens and cats. “We’ve reduced our adoption prices on cats and kittens so we can find new homes for these great pets as quickly as possible,” says Debbie Wood, manager of Animal Services for Washington County. While the shelter is full:
- Adult cats (over one year): Now $10 (was $50)
- Kittens (under one year): Now $40 (was $80)
All cats have been spayed or neutered, test negative for feline leukemia and FIV, are up-to-date on vaccines, and receive a free veterinary exam from local veterinarians.
“This is a great time to think of the joys of owning a cat. They are so underestimated as pets,” says Wood.
Top Ten Countdown: Why you should adopt a cat (or two) this summer:
10. Cats don’t care if you work long hours – they’ll entertain themselves until you come home.
9. Neighbors never complain about your barking cat.
8. Cats are self-cleaning.
7. No need to waste your money on obedience class.
6. You never have to stand outside in the rain while your cat takes a potty break.
5. Cats are less expensive (and more beautiful) than buying artwork.
4. Kitty paws are just plain magic.
3. Cats appreciate ironic humor – just like you do.
2. Cat purrs may have healing properties.
1. Adoption rates have been reduced at the Bonnie L. Hays Small Animal Shelter! Come adopt today!
The Bonnie L. Hays Small Animal Shelter of Washington County is located at 1901 SE 24th Avenue in Hillsboro – right on the Tualatin Valley Highway next to Lowe’s and Home Depot. Adoption center hours are 11:00 AM to 5:30 PM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 12:00-5:30 PM on Wednesday.
Media Contact:Debbie Wood, Animal Services Manager