Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Bonnie Hays Animal Shelter. Our thriving volunteer program allows us to give the animals many extras and helps us save more lives.
To APPLY, please follow these steps:
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation. At the orientation you will learn more about our shelter and our volunteer program needs. The shelter closes at 6:00 p.m. to the public, so please try to be here by 5:55 to check in before the exterior doors are locked.
- Complete the online registration and volunteer application sent to you by our volunteer coordinator after the orientation.
- Come in for a scheduled interview with our volunteer coordinator.
- Complete any necessary training for your position.
- You will be assigned to a shift when there is an opening available.
Our upcoming Volunteer Orientations are scheduled for:
Monday, June 23rd from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Monday, July 21st from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, August 19th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Monday, September 22nd from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Monday, October 20th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Monday, November 17th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Please note that this process may take 4-8 weeks or more due to limited staff hours and volunteer shift openings. Thank you in advance for your patience. We want you to volunteer just as much as you do!
If you have questions, you may contact our volunteer coordinator by phone at 503-846-7041 or send an e-mail to Animal Services.