Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Bonnie Hays Animal Shelter. Our thriving volunteer program allows us to give the animals many extras and helps us save more lives.
To APPLY, please follow these steps:
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation. At the orientation you will learn more about our shelter and our volunteer program needs. The shelter closes at 6:00 p.m. to the public, so please try to be here by 5:55 to check in before the exterior doors are locked.
- Complete the online registration and volunteer application sent to you by our volunteer coordinator after the orientation.
- Come in for a scheduled interview with our volunteer coordinator.
- Complete any necessary training for your position.
- You will be assigned to a shift when there is an opening available.
*Please note, our wonderful long-time volunteer coordinator has retired. We are currently in the process of hiring someone to fill the position, but anticipate that it may be empty for a time while we find the right person. We will schedule volunteer orientations as soon as possible, but it may not be until January of 2015.
Please note that this process may take 4-8 weeks or more due to limited staff hours and volunteer shift openings. Thank you in advance for your patience. We want you to volunteer just as much as you do!
If you have questions, you may contact our volunteer coordinator by phone at 503-846-7041 or send an e-mail to Animal Services.