Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Bonnie Hays Animal Shelter. Our thriving volunteer program allows us to give the animals many extras and helps us save more lives.
To APPLY, please follow these steps:
- Attend a Volunteer Orientation. At the orientation you will learn more about our shelter and our volunteer program needs.
- Complete the online registration and volunteer application sent to you by our volunteer coordinator after the orientation.
- Interview with our volunteer coordinator (generally via phone) and sign up for training.
- Complete the 4 hour Shelter Assistant Program training.
- If you'd like to continue, work with the volunteer coordinator to be assigned to a weekly shift or train to work with cats or dogs.
Upcoming Volunteer Orientations:
Saturday, August 20th at 10:30 a.m.
The orientation will take place here at our shelter at 1901 SE 24th Avenue in Hillsboro (Off of TV HWY near the Lowe's and Home Depot). The orientation will last approximately an hour, plus some time for questions. Please plan to attend the entire presentation.
Please note that this process may take 4-8 weeks or more due to limited staff hours and volunteer shift openings. Thank you in advance for your patience. We want you to volunteer just as much as you do!
If you have questions, you may contact our volunteer coordinator by phone at 503-846-7041 or send an e-mail to Animal Services.