We appreciate your interest in volunteering. Because of the nature of our facility and volunteer program, we have the following set of minimum requirements:
- Volunteers must be 16 years or older
- Volunteers must have a reliable form of transportation
- Volunteers must use e-mail and check it before coming in each week in case we have made any important announcements.
- Volunteers need to be able to volunteer at least two hours a week for a minimum of six months.
- Volunteers must be able to squat, bend, twist, lift, and/or stand for long periods when working directly with the animals.
- Volunteers need to demonstrate strong communication skills with the public and our shelter staff.
- Volunteers must be able to follow directions and work independently without constant supervision.
- Volunteers need to be able to commit to scheduled volunteer times.
- To apply to become a volunteer, please attend a Volunteer Orientation here at the shelter.
Get notified about future orientation dates by liking our Bonnie Hays Facebook Page.
If you do not meet the requirements for our volunteer program, but still want to help the animals, a great way to do that is by raising funds or collecting supplies to donate to the Bonnie Hays Animal Shelter. You can view our wishlist or print a copy. For information on donating funds, please see our donation page.