We appreciate your interest in volunteering. If you would like to share your time with the animals or help at the shelter, here are our requirements.
- Volunteers must be 16 years or older
- Interested applicants will be invited to one of our volunteer orientations after submitting a volunteer application. Attending a volunteer orientation is required.
- Volunteers need to be able to volunteer at least two hours a week for a minimum of six months.
- Volunteers must be able to squat, bend, twist, lift, and/or stand for long periods when working directly with the animals.
- Volunteers need to demonstrate strong customer service and positive staff relations skills.
- Volunteers need to be able to commit to scheduled volunteer times.
If you are under 16 years of age, please consider a fund-raising or collection project. Raise funds or collect items the animal needs and then donate them to the shelter. Such items as high-quality pet food, toys, and supplies are always needed. For more information on this type of volunteering, please see our Give It From The Heart (GIFT) project.
The GIFT project may also meet your school learning service requirement.