Birth & Death Certificates
- Certified Birth Certificate (in Spanish) More information/instructions
- Certified Death Certificate (in Spanish)
After six months from the date of the event: Certified copies for individuals who were born or who died in Oregon more than 6 months ago must be obtained from the Oregon Center for Health Statistics (Vital Records).To obtain a birth or death certificate outside of Oregon:
- Vitalchek or call toll free at 1-877-668-4801
- U.S. citizen - Birth Outside the United States of America
- U.S. citizen - Death Certificates Outside the United States of America
If you were born in another country to parents who are U.S. citizens, or if a U.S. citizen died abroad prior to 1987, you may obtain consular reports documenting these events from the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs website. Click on “Information for Americans Abroad."
The Bureau of Consular Affairs website also provides address lists of foreign consular offices in the United States. These offices may provide help if you are not a U.S. citizen and need assistance in ordering a vital record from another country.