Need Help Finding Help?

If you need help locating services in Washington County call 211

If 211 does not work on your phone, call 503-222-5555.

You can also access the 211 resource directory online at

211 provides referral to resources for:

  • Food
  • Housing
  • Child care
  • Legal
  • Health care
  • Employment
  • Counseling
  • Public agencies
  • And much more!

Language translation for over 150 languages is available.

Family Resource Centers

  • Banks 503-324-5686 
  • Beaverton 503-591-4176 
  • Forest Grove 503-359-2598 
  • Hillsboro 503-844-1688 
  • Tigard-Tualatin 503-603-1588 (Check out this great video about their center)
  • Sherwood (SHARE Center) 503-825-5480

You can also find where to go for help at:

Oregon Helps
Learn whether your family might qualify for help from dozens of assistance programs.

To find parenting classes

Washington County Parenting Class List

To find help with finances

Financial Security: Managing Money in Tough Times
OSU Extension has teamed up with other land-grant universities to offer information from economists around the nation. Topics include:  How to Avoid a Mortgage Crisis; Debt Management; Keeping a Roof Overhead; etc.


For help finding a job

Filing for unemployment
Learn what you need to file for unemployment and file for Unemployment Insurance online.

Seeking a new job
Locate the employment office nearest you; browse Oregon job listings; get income tax help; contact your veterans' representative.

Writing a resume
Compiled by OSU Ecampus, this list of online services will help you write effective resumes (listed sites are responsible for the content contained on their webpages).

Finding help with housing

Community Action Partnership of Oregon
Find local help with housing, heating, and utility bill assistance.

Oregon Housing and Community Services
Links to emergency food and housing, rental assistance and utility bill assistance.

Federal Trade Commission
Mortgage payments sending you reeling? Here’s what to do.

Finding help feeding your family

Food for Oregon
A database of emergency food resources in Oregon, as well as community gardens, nutrition education, faith-based efforts, community kitchens, farmers' markets, etc.

Stretching Your Food Dollar
Manage your food dollars so they last through the month.

Healthy Recipes
Low-cost recipes that use ingredients from the Food Bank

The Food Stamp Program
Learn whether your family might qualify for food stamps and apply online.

Nutrition for Women, Infants and Children
WIC is a special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children.

Free and reduced lunch in Oregon schools
Oregon schools offer healthy meals every school day. Find out if your children qualify for free or reduced price meals.

Finding help for children and families

Temporary Assistance for Needy Families  
TANF provides cash assistance to low-income families with children while they strive to become self-sufficient.

Finding help for the elderly

Information on health, money and other topics.

Finding help staying physically and mentally healthy

Oregon Safenet
Confidential helpline provides statewide information and referral services for community health, social and mental health services.

Oregon Health Plan
Several state programs provide health care coverage and mental health services to low-income Oregonians.

Finding Social Service Resources including Child Care

The FIND Network provided by Washington County Community Action Organization also helps people in search of social service resources.

To go to FIND,

Community Action's Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) of Washington County helps parents and families to find child care referrals and resources.

CCR&R supports providers with technical assistance, onsite literacy training, and business development; and provides Oregon employers with resource and program development expertise, so they can help their employees with child care and other family needs. Find them at 

Family Resource Centers provide food boxes, clothing and other important services. If the one in your community does not, they can usually provide a referral to one that does.