NEW: Read this November 2014 article in the Oregonian that details the Family Caregiver Conference and provides helpful tips for caregivers as presented by the expert speaker.
This program serves:
- Unpaid family caregivers who are caring for someone over the age of 60 or an adult of any age with Alzheimer's or other dementia.
- Grandparents/relatives ages 55 and older who are caring for a child under the age of 18.
Resources available through this program include:
- Paid respite services
- Medical equipment to make caregiving safer and easier
- One-on-one counseling
- Support groups
- Free basic caregiver training
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers classes, which teach self-care
Who does the Family Caregiver Support Program serve?
Take Dad to his medical appointments?
Sort your Mom's mail and help her pay bills?
Help your spouse get dressed and move around the house?
Check in regularly on a loved one?
Then you are a family caregiver. There is assistance to help you cope with the challenges and meet the needs of family caregiving.
For more information, call 1-855-ORE-ADRC (673-2372).