To facilitate interagency communication, Washington County's emergency response is based on the Incident Command Structure (ICS).
As a means of preparing our volunteers and ensuring their safety in the event of a disaster, all Washington County MRC volunteers are required to complete the following free online training within six months of joining in order to be eligible for deployment:
- IS-100.b (ICS-100) Introduction to Incident Command System (3 hours, 0.3 CEU)
- IS-700.a (ICS-700) Introduction to National Incident Command System - NIMS (3 hours, 0.3 CEU)
- Disaster Mental Health Intervention - Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Personal Preparedness - School of Public Health University at Albany (1 hour)
- Mass Dispensing Sites - University of Minnesota (1 hour)
Upon completion, please scan and email, fax or mail to:
Washington County MRCAttn: MRC Volunteer Coordinator155 N. First Avenue, MS4Hillsboro, OR 97124Phone: 503-846.8228 / Fax: 503-846-3644E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgOther Training Resources (recommended but not required)
- Introduction to Point of Dispensing (POD) Operations - Created by Yolo County Health Department, California
- Preparing and Administering Vaccines (PDF) - An immunization resource
Training Videos - A refresher course on vaccinating infants and children was created by nurses at Washington County and is presented in two parts.