You may have heard people say that “every disaster is local” or that you and your community may be on your own for several days after a major disaster. It is likely that you, your families, neighbors, and community will have to depend on each other immediately after a disaster.
The goal of the Preparing Together Discussion Guide and Toolkit is to provide you and your group with easy-to-understand information and resources for preparing together for a disaster or emergency. Washington County is committed to partnering with you to prepare. Let's plan now, work together and get ready!
Other Emergency Preparedness Resources:
- Washington County Emergency Management Cooperative (EMC)- Formerly known as Washington County Office of Consolidated Emergency Management (OCEM)
- Take 5 to Survive
- CARD - Collaborating Agencies Responding to Disasters
Get Trained! Training is available through various agencies:
- American Red Cross - Oregon Trail Chapter
- CERT - Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)- Contact the nearest or most convenient CERT for you:
- Map Your Neighborhood - Program Description
Learn More! Get prepared, help spread the word or volunteer... we have lots to share.