Child Care Sanitation
Washington County Public Health strives to improve and protect the public's health across the lifespan through prevention, education, partnerships and healthy environments. As an operator of child care facilities, you are a partner of the county providing a safe and healthy environment.
Washington County Environmental Health staff have recently evaluated our program and revised our processes and protocols to better serve child care providers across
All child care facility owners come to Washington County Public Health because they see the best value in our inspections. We are seen not as a disciplinary organization, rather as a partner in helping them improve their business and safeguard children's health. We are seen as the role model in providing valuable information in an efficient and cost effective manner. Our support staff and inspectors are seen as valued and helpful professionals that execute the scheduling and inspection process flawlessly.
Our Commitment to You
- Continual communication with child care provider
- Assure timeliness of the sanitation inspection
- Ensure Washington County Environmental Health staff are knowledgeable and professional via training/mentoring
- Provide applicable information on Washington County Environmental Health web page
If you have any questions, please contact Washington County Environmental Health at 503-846-8722.
Fees and Additional Resources
- Fee schedule
- Dirty Dozen Playground Hazards
- Outdoor Playground Home Safety Handbook
- Public Playground Safety Handbook
- Cots, Cribs & Sleeping Mats
- Diapering and Toileting
- Storage and Handling of Bottles
- Toy and Surface Sanitizing
- Water Tables
- Storage and Serving of Older Children's Meals