Mobile Food Unit
Mobile food units must operate from a licensed restaurant, commissary, or warehouse unless the mobile food unit has a very limited menu and adequate equipment and utensils to operate without a base to support food service activities. A warehouse may only be used to store prepackaged goods.
Note: New Food Service Rules were adopted September 4, 2012. For more information about the changes, visit the Food Code Adoption page.
Forms and Applications
All forms are bilingual (English and Spanish) unless specified.
Plan Review FormsNew or remodeled Mobile Food Units are required to submit plans for review and approval prior to licensing.
- Plan Review Requirements
- Classification Requirements
- Operational Information (English only) (Spanish only)
- Floor Plan Requirements
- General Requirements (English only) (Spanish only)
- Plan Review Application
- Shared Facility Operational Information
- Mobile Food Unit License Application (English only) (Spanish only) -- license expires December 31 of the year issued
- Commissary or Warehouse License Application -- license expires December 31 of the year issued
- Commissary Service Verification Form
- Mobile Food Unit Route Form
- Mobile Food Unit Restroom Requirement Form
- Mobile Food Unit Operation Guide (English only) (Spanish only)
- Obtaining a Food Handler Card
- Food Sanitation Rules (English only)
- Employee Illness Policy Example