Single Temporary Restaurant is a food operation that operates in conjunction with a single public event. This license expires after 30 days of continual operation.
Intermittent Temporary Restaurant is a food operation at a specific location in connection with multiple public events having at least two different oversight organizations. The location remains the same and the menu is not altered. The license expires after 30 days.
Seasonal Temporary Restaurant is a food operation at a specific location in connection to an event arranged by one oversight organization. The location remains the same and the menu is not altered. The license expires after 90 days.
Mobile food units with a current license from another
An application for a temporary restaurant should be received in our office at least one week before the event. This enables our department to review your application ahead of time to address any possible concerns indicated on the application.
Note: New Food Service Rules were adopted September 4, 2012. For more information about the changes, visit the Food Code Adoption page.
Forms and Information
- Guidelines for Temporary Food Vendors
- Food Booth Checklist ( Guía para su puesto de comida )
- Handwashing Station ( Lavamanos provisional )
- Mobile Food Unit Event Operation Information
- Temporary Restaurant Operation Guide ( Guía Para la Operación de Restaurantes Temporales )
- Essentials for a Successful Health Inspection ( Elementos Esenciales para su Inspección Sanitaria )
- Food Sanitation Rules
For Event Coordinators
Contact us with any questions or concerns.