Washington County's Health Promotions Team has a Women's Health Educator who is dedicated to educating Washington County communities about current women's health issues. Contact Vikki Moore at 506-846-2815. She is available to present on the following women's health topics:
- Family Planning – This presentation contains information about the latest birth control methods available; how they work, pros and cons, effectiveness rates, side effects, and things women should think about before choosing their method. This presentation is appropriate for teens as well as adults.
- Sexually Transmitted Infections – Learn about different sexually transmitted infections, what their symptoms are, complications for women and what you can do to lower your risk. This presentation is appropriate for adults as well as teens.
- HIV/Hepatitis – Learn about two viruses that affect many people in the United States; how these viruses are and are not passed, what you can do to lower your risk and how you can live a longer, healthier life if you have these viruses. This presentation is appropriate for adults as well as teens.
- Breast and Cervical Health – Learn what the biggest risk factors are for developing breast cancer and the three steps of early detection. Learn what puts a woman at risk for cervical cancer; how important cervical cancer screenings are, and more about the Gardasil vaccine. This presentation is appropriate for teens as well as adults.
To see if you qualify for free or reduced cost family planning services, call our clinic at 503-846-8851. To see if you qualify for a free or reduced cost women's health exam and mammogram please contact the Oregon Breast and Cervical Cancer Program at 1-877-255-7070.
For more women's health information, we recommend these websites:
- US Department of Health and Human Services: www.womenshealth.gov
- The Sexuality Information and Education Council of the U.S.: www.siecus.org
- Backline - a confidential space for women and their loved ones to talk openly about pregnancy, parenting, abortion and adoption. Hot line number is 1.888.493.0092 www.yourbackline.org
- Sex education for teens: www.sexetc.org