Many adults in Washington County spend the majority of their day at work. Creating a culture of wellness at your worksite can reduce costs and improve employee health and morale.
The Work Well Washington County program provides resources and technical assistance for organizations interested in implementing wellness initiatives. Work Well staff can assist you with going tobacco free, promoting healthy eating and physical activity, and supporting breastfeeding mothers by:
- Building leadership support
- Providing best practices interventions and local examples
- Selecting an intervention to best suit your needs
- Providing technical assistance for adopting, communicating and implementing worksite wellness policies
- Establishing a worksite wellness committee
Learn more about how to design, implement and evaluate effective workplace health programs by visiting the following websites.
- Wellness Council of America (WELCOA)
- Workplace Health Promotion
- Lactation in the Workplace Toolkit
- Lactation in the Workplace PowerPoint presentation link
For more information, please contact Gwyn Ashcom by email or call her at 503-846-4544.