Many adults in Washington County spend the majority of their day at work. Creating a culture of wellness at your worksite can reduce costs and improve employee health and morale.
The Work Well Washington County program provides resources and technical assistance for organizations interested in implementing wellness initiatives. Work Well staff can assist you with going tobacco free, promoting healthy eating and physical activity, and supporting breastfeeding mothers by:
- Building leadership support
- Providing best practices interventions and local examples
- Selecting an intervention to best suit your needs
- Providing technical assistance for adopting, communicating, and implementing worksite wellness policies
- Establishing a worksite wellness committee
CDC Healthier Worksite Initiative
Wellness Council of America (WELCOA)
For more information, please contact Rose Sherwood, senior program coordinator, by email or call her at 503-846-4921.