Health and Safety Fair Reaches Out to Latino Community
For Immediate Release: Monday, March 10, 2014
Washington County Public Health, in collaboration with Multnomah County Emergency Management, is hosting a free health and emergency preparedness fair for the Latino community. The César Chávez Family Health and Safety Fair takes place on Saturday, March 29, from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., at Tuality Health Education Center, 334 SE 8th Avenue, Hillsboro.
The event will include the following presentations and activities in Spanish:
- Healthy cooking demonstrations
- Information on sustainability and health
- Hands-only CPR instruction
- Introduction to emergency preparedness training called "Listos"
- Live music
- Folklorico dancing (1:00 p.m.)
- Zumba exercise
- Crafts for children
- Local resources for English classes, GED and other education
César Chávez was a Mexican-American activist dedicated to improving working and living conditions for migrant farm workers as well as creating educational opportunities for them.
For more information, contact Cynthia Valdivia at 503-846-8292.
Media Contact:Wendy Gordon, Communications Coordinator/PIO