Healthy Families (Formerly Healthy Start)
Healthy Families (formerly called Healthy Start) provides information, resources and support to any first-time parent, helping to give each baby a healthy start. To participate in this program you must:
- Be a first time parent (includes mother or father) and
- Enroll prenatally or within 90 days of baby's birth date to qualify for home visits
- Complete a survey to identify needs
- Promote healthy childhood growth and development
- Support positive parent-child relationships
- Help families access community resources
- Provide parenting information and support
Applications and Referrals:
- Parents may apply directly or be referred by their health care provider or other agency
- Referrals are accepted from friends, families, prenatal clinics and pediatricians
- All services are voluntary and free of charge
For more information, call 503-517-5798.
Healthy Families of Oregon is credentialed by Healthy Families America.