Public Health Advisory Council
Recruitment is underway for the newly established Public Health Advisory Council.
The Washington County Public Health Advisory Council (PHAC) has been appointed by the Washington County Board of Commissioners to advise the Board of Commissioners in its role as the Board of Health for Washington County.
The Washington County Public Health Advisory Council will make recommendations to the Board of Commissioners and the Public Health division manager on matters relating to public health.
The 15-member Council will be comprised of:
- 2 consumers of public health services
- 2 persons representing underserved or minority communities
- A faith community representative
- A business community representative
- A regulated service industry representative (food or other regulated business)
- A representative of the schools or Education Service District (ESD)
- A youth representative
- A healthcare or hospital representative
- An elected official
- A citizen representative from the CPO program
- Public safety (fire/EMS and law enforcement) representative
- A nonprofit organization representative
- A licensed practicing physician selected by the Washington County Medical Society
- A licensed health care professional/non-physician representative
Read the complete bylaws.
The application deadline is August 4, 2014, or until all positions have been filled. Visit the Board of Commissioner's page to apply.
For more information about PHAC, contact Marni Kuyl at 503-846-4402.