Ten Essential Public Health Services
Washington County Public Health delivers these ten essential services directly and/or through strong and effective partnerships:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems including health disparities.
- Detect and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate and empower people and organizations to adopt healthy behaviors to enhance health status.
- Partner with communities and organizations to identify and solve health problems and to respond to public health emergencies.
- Develop and implement public health interventions and best practices that support individual and community health efforts and increase healthy outcomes.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and ensure the provision of population-based health services.
- Ensure a competent public health workforce and effective public health leadership.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility and quality of public health services, strategies and programs.
- Research for insights and innovative solutions to public health problems.