Add 'Save the Planet' to your Job Description
Sponsored by: Health & Human Services Department, Solid Waste and Recycling Division
Washington County and Metro offer free recycling technical assistance to area businesses
Businesses generate 50 percent of the waste from the Portland metropolitan area. Help reduce your company's contribution to the landfill by taking advantage of free technical assistance and resources available from the Washington County Recycle at Work Program. We help businesses reduce waste, recycle more and improve their bottom line.
Let us help you:
- Increase your recycling
- Provide free how-to-recycle posters and signage for use in offices and break rooms
- Identify ways to reduce the amount of waste being generated
- Research products related to 'green' purchasing
- Provide training to your staff on how to maximize recycling and waste prevention practices
- Receive recognition for your accomplishments
. . . and much more.
In concert with Earth Day, April 22, Metro and Washington County are promoting the Recycle at Work program to invite businesses to work with a county recycling specialist this spring. County staff will evaluate your current waste stream and identify ways to improve your recycling practices.
"Businesses frequently improve their bottom line and reduce their impact to the environment by maximizing their recycling practices. We're also here to help businesses explore ways to reduce the waste they generate and research the purchase of sustainable or green products," Will Elder, Washington County Recycle at Work program staff, said.
Contact:Will Elder, Recycle at Work Specialist