Green Business Award
The Washington County Solid Waste & Recycling Program recognizes local area businesses for excellence in waste prevention, recycling and environmental purchasing, with the "Recycle at Work" award. Creating less waste, recycling and buying recycled products help make Washington County a healthier place at home, work and play. Become a Washington County Recycle at Work business and your organization will be considered for the "Spotlight on Business" article in our newsletter and listed on our business recognition webpage. To learn more, contact a waste prevention and recycling specialist by email or by calling 503-846-3605.
Your organization can qualify by implementing simple steps:
- Use paper made with at least 30 percent recycled content.
- Purchase at least three recycled-content items.
- Recycle paper, cardboard, plastic bottles and tubs, aluminum, tin and glass.
- Have an established Green Team or Recycling Coordinator.
- Engage in at least five waste prevention practices.
- Sign-up for the Washington County Solid Waste & Recycling Program's electronic business newsletter.
- Have a purchasing policy in place that supports the purchase of recycled-content supplies.
- Engage in one other activity that goes above and beyond the practices listed above.
Apply online today
This application is designed to reduce waste by allowing users to complete it electronically and submit it to Washington County Solid Waste & Recycling Program as an email attachment. For submitting it by mail: Washington County Solid Waste & Recycling Program, 155 N First Ave, MS #5, Hillsboro, OR 97124.
Not sure if your business qualifies?
The Washington County Solid Waste & Recycling Program’s experienced staff will guide you through the application process and assist you in achieving your recycling and waste prevention goals.