Washington County ResourceFull Use Workshop — 2015
April 15, 2015 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Huntair, 19855 SW 124th Ave, Tualatin 97062
Join the Washington County Solid Waste & Recycling Program and a diverse group of industry professionals at the upcoming ResourceFull Use workshop to:
- Learn how companies are turning someone else’s waste into a resource and saving money
- Network with other businesses to see what they have to offer
- Address your waste reduction goals through materials exchange and re-use
- Brief program overview
- Sharing of exchanges in progress
- Exploration of exchange opportunities with other attendees
For more information, contact a waste prevention and recycling specialist or call 503-846-3605.
What is ResourceFull Use?ResourceFull Use is an innovative resources exchange program available to businesses throughout the greater Portland Metro region. Established in 2006 by the Zero Waste Alliance, the Columbia Corridor Association and the Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center, the workshops provide a setting for creating business-to-business partnerships.
The benefits of these partnerships and materials exchange relationships include:
- Reduction in waste disposal costs and identification of new revenue sources
- Reduction in the costs to process and dispose of hazardous materials
- Reduction in natural resource use and impacts associated with extraction and production of new materials
- Waste and by-products are kept out of landfill and put to productive re-use
How can I learn more?Does your business have a waste material that could be of use to another? Attend a workshop and learn how the sharing of resources can increase a business's bottom line. And meet other organizations whose outputs may become your inputs.
To receive updates regarding future ResourceFull Use events or to tell us about your successful materials exchange story, please contact us or call 503-846-3605.
Materials Exchange Resources
- Turn waste into revenue by donating, trading, selling and buying industrial materials online.
- Exchange agricultural manure with help from the Tualatin Soil and Water Conservation District.
- Exchange unwanted commercial building materials online with BoneyardNW.
- Find various products donated by businesses and the public to Metro’s Hazardous Waste Facilities. These products are available to nonprofit organizations, government agencies and schools. Contact Metro at 503-234-3000 for more information.