Take the Sustainable Workplace Pledge
Take the Washington County Recycle at Work Pledge.
Many of your actions contribute to a healthy, thriving community and it takes only one to start making a difference. Join with other business owners, managers and employees in Washington County as we work together to create a more sustainable community.
How to take the Pledge:
1. Enter your NAME and your CITY in the fields below.
2. Identify the sustainable action(s) you will commit to at work and enter in the field provided. For ideas, see the list below.
3. Indicate if you would like your pledge to be made public. Your efforts might encourage or inspire others.
4. Click SUBMIT. You can print your pledge and display it as a reminder to yourself and as an inspiration to your colleagues.
- Review documents on screen instead of printing out to review.
- Minimize printing and paper usage – Set default printing preferences to double-sided and print single-sided only when necessary.
- Use durable dishware, water bottles and silverware at the workplace.
- Use office supplies from the surplus supply area before ordering new products.
- Purchase products that contain recycled-content (copy paper, toilet paper, etc.)
- Turn off computer monitors when not in use for 20 minutes or more.
- Carpool, bike, walk, or use public transportation twice per week to get to work.
- Kick the water bottle habit. Drink tap water at your workplace.
- Work with a Recycle at Work specialist to increase the success of your business' waste reduction and recycling programs.
- Recruit at least one other business to participate in the Washington County Recycle at Work Program.