Community Matters TV Show
"Community Matters" is a show produced by TVCTV and aired on their local television channels. The show is hosted by Washington County Senior Program Educator Andy Cartmill. It focuses on the various programs and services of the Department of Health and Human Services. The shows are not aired according to any particular schedule, but they are aired often! If you aren't able to catch the show on TV, you can watch them on YouTube. Links to shows that have been uploaded are provided below.
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Pertussis (tos ferina) Spanish version
- Addiction and recovery
- Emergency Medical Services - When to call 9-1-1, how to drive when emergency vehicles need the road, stroke and heart attack symptoms
- Services and benefits for Washington County veterans
- Dog safety, a visit to the animal shelter
- Emergency preparedness
- Mental Health Crisis Help
- Problem Gambling
- Recycling and waste prevention
- Services/help available for older adults
- Mosquitoes, bed bugs, bats - Things that Bite!
- Summer safety tips
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- Code enforcement, illegal dumping, what does and does not constitute a violation
- Developmental Disabilities - What help is available
- Suicide Prevention
- Winter Safety - Be prepared and stay safe at home and on the road this winter
- Training Your Pet - We visit the animal shelter and learn the importance of and a few techniques for training your pet.
- Chronic disease self-management programs
Here is what we are planning for the next several months. If you have a suggestion for a future show relating to programs and services of Washington County Department of Health and Human Services, please send an email to Wendy Gordon.
- Food safety at home
- Recycling topics
- Medical Reserve Corps volunteers