Housing Advisory Committee
It is the mission of the Housing Authority Advisory Committee (HAC) to advise the Board of Commissioners on policy matters, identify housing issues, and recommend programs and services for the low and moderate income residents of Washington County.
Committee members are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners for Washington County for a term of three years. Appointment to a second three-year term may be granted at the discretion of the Board.
The Housing Advisory Committee is represented by nine members, consisting of the following:
- Two members who are persons being assisted by the Authority;
- One member involved in real estate sales, development, or finance;
- One member drawn from elderly and minority groups;
- One member drawn from officials of social service agencies;
- One member drawn from the agricultural or farm worker community;
- One member drawn from the legal and design professions;
- Two members-at-large.
The Committee complies in all respects with ORS Chapter 192.610 through 192.710 commonly called the Public Meeting Law.
Purpose and Duties
Pursuant to Housing Authority Resolution Order (HA-RO) 91-14, the duties of the HAC shall include but not limited to the following:
- Identify, consider and recommend housing goals and policies. Review the Housing Assistance Plan and advise the Board on its adoption;
- Identify and consider the community's needs for lower income housing and the resources available to meet those needs and recommend to the Housing Authority programs to meet those goals;
- Advise the Housing Authority on applications to the federal and state government for housing programs;
- Make recommendations to the Housing Authority for changes or revisions in policies of the Housing Authority;
- Review and recommend action on the budgets of the Housing Authority;
- Review and make recommendations on other matters coming before the Housing Authority and perform such other advisory functions as many be referred to the committee by the Housing Authority.
Generally, the Housing Advisory Committee meets every fourth Thursday of each month at 9:00 am. The usual meeting location is the conference room of the Department of Housing Services located at 111 NE Lincoln Street, Suite 200-L, Hillsboro, Oregon 97124.
Materials from meetings are available by clicking the meeting date in the schedule below.
|January 23, 2014||August 28, 2014|
|February 27, 2014||September 25, 2014|
|March 27, 2014||October 17, 2014 - Retreat (tentative)|
|April 24, 2014||November 20, 2014|
|May 29, 2014 - Budget||December 12, 2014 - Luncheon (tentative)|
|June 26, 2014|
|July 24, 2014|
|January 24, 2013||August 22, 2013 - Canceled|
|February 28, 2013||September 26, 2013|
|March 28, 2013||October 18, 2013 - Retreat Agenda|
|April 25, 2013||November 21, 2013 - Canceled|
|May 30, 2013 - Budget||December 13, 2013 - Luncheon|
|June 27, 2013|
|July 25, 2013|
|January 26, 2012 - Canceled||August 23, 2012|
|February 23, 2012||September 27, 2012|
|March 22, 2012||October 19, 2012 - Retreat|
|April 26, 2012||October 25, 2012 - Canceled|
|May 24, 2012 - Budget||November 15, 2012|
|June 28, 2012 - Canceled||December 14, 2012 - Luncheon|
|July 26, 2012|
|January 27, 2011||July 28, 2011|
|February 24, 2011||August 25, 2011|
|March 24, 2011||September 22, 2011|
|April 28, 2011||October 27, 2011 - Retreat|
|June 6, 2011 (Budget)||November 17, 2011|
|December 2, 2011 (Friday Luncheon)|
|October 28, 2010||December 10, 2010|
|November 18, 2010|