Homeless Counts and PIT Resources
Point-in-Time (PIT) Homeless Count
Since 2003, HUD has required continuums across our nation to report the number of people who are homeless at a particular time of the year (in the last 10 days of January). The annual homeless count facilitates the need for continuums to collect data and report on the number of homeless. The data is used for (1) housing and service planning, (2) demonstrating need, (3) raising public awareness, (4) accurately identifying the needs population, e.g. chronically homeless, and (5) measuring performance in reducing/ending homelessness.
Recent Point In Time Homeless Count Data
- Point in Time (PIT) Count Federal and State Historical Data
- 2017 PIT Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal only)
- 2016 PIT Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal only) and 2016 PIT Local Summary (Federal and State Definition Definitions)
- 2015 PIT Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal only) and 2015 PIT Local Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal and State to include doubled-up)
- 2014 PIT Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal only) and 2014 PIT Local Summary for OR-506CoC (Federal and State Definition)
- 2013 PIT Summary for OR-506CoC
- 2012 Homeless Count Data Summary
- 2011 Homeless Count
- 2010 Homeless Count
- 2009 Homeless Count
- 2008 Homeless Count
- 2007 Homeless Count
- 2006 Homeless Count
Opportunities to Participate in the Annual Point-in-Time Homeless Count
The Homeless Count Subcommittee meets regularly to plan and implement the annual street and shelter Point-in-Time (PIT) Homeless Count.
Contact: Pat Rogers with Community Action
Training for 2017 Point-In-Time Homeless Census will be hosted by Community Action. To register for the training, please contact Kimberly Bjorkman. Training is scheduled on:
- Monday, January 9: 10:30 a.m. in Room 195 at Washington County, 3700 SW Murray Boulevard, Beaverton
- Wednesday, January 11: 1:00 p.m. at Community Action, 1001 SW Baseline Street, Hillsboro
- Friday, January 20: 2:00 p.m. at Community Action, 1001 SW Baseline Street, Hillsboro
The street outreach is performed by teams of volunteers aligned with a lead outreach staff. To volunteer your time during the last 10 days (January 22 to January 31), please contact Pat Rogers with Community Action.
Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR)
What is the AHAR?
The Annual Homeless Assessment Report (AHAR) is a report to the U.S. Congress on the extent and nature of homelessness in America. The report is prepared by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and provides nationwide estimates of homelessness, including information about the demographic characteristics of homeless persons, service use patterns, and the capacity to house homeless persons. The report is based primarily on Homeless Management Information Systems (HMIS) data about persons who experience homelessness during a 12-month period. The report does not include homeless in safe haven and rapid re-housing programs.
The reports below represent the data collection by providers of emergency shelter, transitional housing and permanent supportive housing in Washington County's Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) for clients served between October 1 and September 30. Currently, the following programs are included in the AHAR reporting:
Emergency Shelter (ES): Boys and Girls Aid Safe Place for Youth, Community Action Family Shelter, Family Bridge, and Good Neighbor Center.
Transitional Housing (TH): Boys and Girls Aid Transitional Living Program, Homeless to Work, LifeWorks Northwest Fredrick House, Washington County Department of Housing Services Transitional Housing Program, and the Salvation Army Grant and Per Diem Program.
Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH): LifeWorks Northwest Tom Brewer House, Luke-Dorf Hillsboro Independent Living Program, Sequoia Mental Health Services Tri-Haven, The Knoll (serving chronic homeless Veterans with project-based Section 8 subsidy), Veterans Affairs Supported Housing (VASH) Vouchers, and the Washington County Legacy Shelter Plus Care rent assistance program.
- 2016 AHAR All Persons Veterans Only
- 2015 AHAR All Persons Veterans Only
- 2014 AHAR All Persons Veterans Only
- 2013 AHAR All Persons Veterans Only
- 2012 AHAR All Persons Veterans Only
- 2011 AHAR All Persons Veterans Only
- 2010 AHAR
- 2009 AHAR