Community Resources

The Department of Housing Services (DHS) provides affordable housing opportunities and rental assistance only.  The DHS does not have any emergency programs.  All rental assistance programs have a waiting list.

If you are in need of assistance beyond what the Department is able to provide, you may consider contacting one or more of the local resources listed below, or review our Resource and Referral List (PDF document).


Housing Resources

Housing Connections--(503) 802-8562

HUD Subsidized Apartments in Oregon

Community Action Homeless and Housing Services--(503) 640-3263

Shared Housing--(503) 225-9924

Open Door Counseling Center --(503) 640-6689


Landlord/Tenant Issues

Community Alliance of Tenants--(503) 288-0130

Fair Housing Council of Oregon--(503) 223-8295

Neighborhood Mediation Center--(503) 526-2523

HUD Housing Discrimination Hotline--(800) 669-9777

Tenant Advocates Hotline--(503) 648-7723


Purchasing a Home

Portland Development Commission--(503) 823-3240

Habitat for Humanity--(503) 844-7606

Fannie Mae Home Buyer Resources


Home Repair for Low Income Home Owners

Community Action Weatherization Program--(503) 648-6646

HARDE: Home Access and Repair for the Disabled and Elderly and Low Income Home Repair loans--(503) 846-8897


Services for Seniors and Persons with Disabilities

Independent Living Resources--(503) 232-7411

Washington County Department of Aging and Veterans Services--(503) 640-3489

State of Oregon - Links to Services for Seniors and Persons with Disabilities

State of Oregon - Links to Mental Health Services


Emergency Assistance (food, clothing, misc.)

State of Oregon, Department of Human Services

Beaverton office--(503) 646-9952
Tigard office--(503) 670-9711
Hillsboro office--(503) 648-8951
Find your local office

Low Income Energy Assistance Program--(503) 648-6646

Salvation Army--(503) 640-4311

St. Vincent DePaul Society-- (503) 235-7837

St. Vincent DePaul Society (emergency assistance)-- (503) 235-8431

St Vincent DePaul Society (Hillsboro and North Plains)-- (503) 693-7528

Information and Referral

The following may be able to refer you to resources in the community not listed here:

Community Action FIND Resources database

211 Info --dial 2-1-1 -or- (503) 222-5555




Please note: the resources listed here and on our Resource and Referral List are provided as a public service by the Washington County Department of Housing Services. These resources are not affiliated with the Department or Washington County unless noted. Information contained in these lists may change without notice.