Washington County Juvenile Department protects the public by reducing delinquency and restores victims and the community by holding youth accountable. We create opportunities for change through swift and decisive use of effective practices, building on the strengths of youth and families.
To collaborate with schools, law enforcement, and our other community partners
To provide stewardship of public resources and effectively utilize cost effective measures and program evaluation
To provide fair and equitable treatment that includes families in decision making and embraces impartial practices
To incorporate effective practices into our work with youth and families, including assessments and individual case plans based on youth risk and needs
To honor victims' rights and interests throughout all phases of the justice system and provide opportunities for youth to repair harm to victims and communities
To provide logical consequences that address youth behaviors and teach skill development
To foster open communication and team work in a supportive work environment
To demonstrate ethical and honest behavior in all that we do
To honor diversity and treat all persons with respect
To involve youth, families, and partners in creating an effective and responsive department by seeking and responding to feedback
To strive to be innovative leaders in the field of juvenile justice
Juvenile Department Schedule:
- Juvenile Court: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; Preliminary Hearings at 1:00 p.m. daily
- Divorce Mediation: Mondays, 8:30-10:00 a.m.
- Comprehensive Supervision Court: Tuesdays, 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Drug Court: Wednesdays, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Truancy Court: Fourth Wednesday of each month, 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- CLOSED FOR LUNCH: Monday through Friday, 11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.