Planning and Development Services Manager
Hank McDonald, Building Official
Welcome to Washington County Building Services. We are a full-service building permit office providing permitting, plan review and inspections for all phases of construction on commercial and residential properties in unincorporated Washington County and inside the city limits of Banks, Gaston and North Plains.
Additionally, we provide electrical permitting, plan review and inspections for the cities of Cornelius, Durham, Forest Grove, Sherwood, and Tualatin and plumbing permitting and inspections for the cities of Banks, Gaston and North Plains.
Where does your property reside?
Depending upon where your property is located will determine which building department you will contact to get the answers you need. To learn which jurisdiction your property resides, input your address in Metro's MetroMap website and contact the appropriate building department. ThinkPermit.com website has a listing of building departments throughout the State of Oregon.
Additions? Garage conversions? New decks, sheds or fences? Give us a call!
Are you thinking about making changes to or on your existing property? Many changes may need to be approved through the Current Planning Development Assistance section. It's important to check with this section prior to applying for a building permit. In-person assistance is available Monday through Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. during walk-in lobby hours. Phone assistance is available Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Asbestos Information from Metro
Taking asbestos-containing remodeling / deconstruction materials to their transfer stations
- How to locate Building Applications & Forms
- How to Schedule an Inspection
- What is Final Approval and Why do I need it?
- What is the role of a Building Inspector? (English)
Washington County - Public Services Building
Department of Land Use & Transportation
Planning and Development Services
155 N 1st Avenue, Suite 350
Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
503-846-3470 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk-in Customer Lobby Hours:
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Customer Assistance by Phone:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Code Compliance
- Contact list for Building Services staff
- Building and Land Use brochures/publications
- Washington County Development Forum series
- Community Development Code
- Building Code - State of Oregon and Washington County
- State of Oregon Construction Contractors' Board
- State of Oregon Building Codes Division
- Seismic strengthening brochure and web content
- Tips to navigate Land Use/Building and Residential Site Development Permitting
- Urban Streetscape Design Toolkit