Planning and Development Services Manager
Tom Harry, Principal Planner
Current Planning Services works with developers, consultants, residents and the public to ensure that development in unincorporated areas of the county complies with state, Metro, and Washington County plans, policies, and codes.
In many cases, Development Review approval must be obtained prior to the issuance of building permits. Our Development Review staff reviews development proposals to ensure compliance with the Community Development Code (CDC) which regulates land use and development activities in unincorporated areas of the county. The CDC is intended to implement the county's Community Plans and state and Metro requirements.
Code Compliance staff process complaints regarding potential improper uses or conditions on property in unincorporated areas of the county.
Contact the Code Compliance Team at PDSCodeCompliance@co.washington.or.us.
- Community Development Code
- Greening the Code
- Look up a development casefile
- Development Review Public Notices Open for Comment NEW!
- View videos about how to find Development Activity information online NEW!
- Find your property and zoning information
- Get a development application form
- Find out about Code Compliance
- Urban Streetscape Design Toolkit
Department of Land Use & Transportation
Planning and Development Services Division
Current Planning Section
155 N. First Ave. Suite 350
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Main Phone: 503-846-8761 | Fax: 503-846-2908
Email: LUT Current Planning
Code Compliance Phone: 503-846-4875