Engineering and Construction Services
Gary Stockhoff, County Engineer/Division Manager
Welcome to Engineering and Construction Services, a division within Washington County’s Department of Land Use & Transportation (LUT). Our division is committed to designing and constructing a safe and efficient multi-modal transportation system in the most cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner possible. Each of the four sections within our division plays a key role in making this happen.
The Engineering and Construction Services sections are:
Capital Project Management
- Administers the planning, design and construction of major transportation improvement projects;
- Provides utility coordination services to identify and resolve conflicts with proposed project design;
- Provides right-of-way services for capital improvement projects, such as easement and land acquisitions;
- Performs daily field inspection for all capital improvement projects.
- Recovers, reestablishes and maintains public land corners;
- Reviews partition, subdivision and condominium plats;
- Reviews and files records of survey;
- Provides addresses within Washington County's addressing jurisdiction;
- Approves street names within Washington County's jurisdiction;
- Provides surveying services to other divisions and departments within the county.
- Maintains the county’s Road Design and Construction Standards;
- Provides design and review services for capital projects throughout the county;
- Reviews all road improvement construction plans for development activities in the County right of way.
- Maintains the county’s network of traffic signals, signs and pavement markings;
- Monitors traffic volumes and accidents in order to improve safety and efficiency;
- Investigates complaints regarding traffic problems;
- Researches and implements the Intelligent Transportation System (advanced traffic signal systems).
|Capital Project Management Page
|Road and Bridge Engineering Services Page
|County Surveyor’s Office Page
|Traffic Engineering Page