Each year, the Long Range Planning Section of the Planning and Development Services Division prepares a draft work program for approval by the Washington County Board of Commissioners (Board). The work program describes planning projects, potential land use ordinances, and other Long Range Planning activities for the year.
A draft annual work program is presented to the Board of Commissioners at the beginning of each year and then released by the Board to the public and interested parties for review and comment in early spring. Upon consideration of public comments submitted through this process, the Board of Commissioners finalizes the work program for adoption soon after.
- Learn how the annual work program is created or how an issue/idea becomes a land use regulation
- Learn how to submit a Work Program request
- Learn how to stay informed during the annual Work Program development process
and when a Land Use Ordinance is filed
Review the 2015-16 Long Range Planning Work Program
On January 27, 2015, LUT planning staff provided the Board of County Commissioners with a preview of the draft 2015-16 Long Range Planning Annual Work Program. The program outlines work priorities for planning staff and recommended ordinance topics to be addressed in the upcoming fiscal year. A few highlights of this year's draft program:
- Bonny Slope West (Area 93) Community Plan adoption and funding/financing plans
- Continue planning efforts in North Bethany to support development consistent with the Community Plan
- Support the Washington County Transportation Study, which will evaluate long term transportation investment strategies (20+ year horizon)
- Implementation of the recently updated Transportation System Plan
- Consider code and implementation measures for recreational marijuana dispensaries
- Work on a grant-funded Industrial Site Readiness Study in conjunction with partner jurisdictions
- Implement initiatives from the Aloha-Reedville study
- Continue Rural Tourism study (formerly agri-tourism)
- Ongoing local, regional and state planning coordination:
- Southwest Corridor
- Regional Urban Growth Report and Growth Management decision
- UGB expansion area plans, including South / North Hillsboro, North Cooper Mountain, South Cooper Mountain, River Terrace, Basalt Creek
- Citizen, business and agency requests, including:
- Identify funding and regulatory obstacles to eliminating sidewalk gaps
- Request by Clean Water Services to adjust a road alignment (Road P2) in North Bethany
Comments must be submitted in writing no later than February 26, 2014. Comments may be submitted one of the following ways:
- In person (Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.) or by mail to Long Range Planning Section, Department of Land Use & Transportation
155 N First Ave, Suite 350-14, Hillsboro, Oregon 97124
- By fax to 503-846-4412
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Electronic comment submittals are accepted only if sender is adequately identified—full name, mailing address, company/organization affiliation (if applicable), contact information, etc. Scanned signed letters are encouraged.
All comments submitted by February 26, 2015 will be provided to the Board of County Commissioners prior to its adoption of the final Work Program on March 24.
2014 Work Program
On February 18, 2014, the draft work program was sent to a number of organizations and interested parties for review and comment. After the 30-day public comment period ending on March 21, the Board considered and adopted the final work program at its meeting on April 15, 2014, with the following changes.
If you have questions about the work program or would like additional information, contact Angela Brown at Angela_Brown@co.washington.or.us or (503) 846-3519.
Moved from Tier two to Tier one:
Task 2.1 – Amend CDC Sign Standards specifically to address digital signs 1.0 FTE
Moved from Tier one to Tier two:
Task 1.18 - Standing Wall Remodel/Non-conforming uses Issue Paper 0.3 FTE
Task 1.19 – Solid Waste Enclosure 0.2 FTE
Task 1.20 –
May continue to work with
to move this item along for ordinance consideration in 2015.
Removed from 2014 Work Program:
Task 3.10 - Car Wash Issue Paper Implementation
2014 Work Program Documents
2014 Issue Papers