LUT Divisions and Programs
- Building and maintaining a great transportation system
- Planning and protecting the uses of the land
Working in coordination with our city, regional and state government partners, approximately 300 LUT employees provide a wide range of transportation, planning, permitting and road maintenance services.
Our land use, planning, development review and building permitting/inspection functions are located in the Public Services Building (PSB), 155 N. First Avenue, Suite 350, in downtown Hillsboro. Our road-related functions are located at the Walnut Street Center (WSC), 1400 SW Walnut Street on Hillsboro's west end. Visit our LUT Office Locations and Hours page for more information.
The Department of Land Use and Transportation is organized into four divisions. Most divisions have multiple workgroups or sections, which are identified below. To send an electronic message to any of these workgroups, please use the Land Use and Transportation Feedback Form.
The Administrative Services division (PSB) coordinates LUT’s budgeting, payroll, emergency preparedness, employee safety, and public information and education functions. They are the department's liaisons with Human Resources and Information Technology Systems.
The Planning and Development Services Division includes three sections:
- Building Services (PSB) provides permitting, plan review and inspections for all phases of construction on commercial and residential properties in unincorporated Washington County and several of its small cities.
- Building Services 503-846-3470
- Current Planning Services (PSB) provides development review and assistance and code compliance in the unincorporated areas of Washington County.
- Development Review 503-846-8761
- Code Compliance 503-846-4875
- Long Range Planning (PSB) provides countywide land use and transportation planning coordination, economic and demographic information services, as well as community land use planning in the urban unincorporated areas of Washington County.
- Long Range Planning 503-846-3519
- Road and Bridge Engineering Services 503-846-7900
- Survey Development Review/County Surveyor 503-846-8723
- Road Survey 503-846-7933
- Traffic Engineering 503-846-7950
The Operations & Maintenance division (WSC) maintains and repairs roads, bridges and drainageways; tends roadside vegetation; and oversees private construction activities that occur within the public right-of-way.
- Road Operations and Maintenance 503-846-ROAD (846-7623)
- Urban Road Maintenance District 503-846-7623
- Service District for Lighting 503-846-7626
- Adopt-A-Road 503-846-7619
- Washington County Road News is available at www.wc-roads.com