Nighttime Paving Scheduled on Hwy 99W – Expect Delays
For Immediate Release: Tuesday, July 12, 2011Weather may cause delays in paving
Update: Paving work is weather dependent and could be delayed if we continue to see heavy showers in the area. For the most current 99W paving schedule, visit the Highway 99W project website.
Updated release: Washington County’s Department of Land Use and Transportation will begin milling and paving Highway 99W between Hall Boulevard and Garden Place and at the Greenburg Road and Main Street intersection in Tigard starting the evening of Tuesday, July 12. All work will be done at night between the hours of 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. to minimize traffic impacts to commuters.
The anticipated construction schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, July 12 – 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. – Milling work on the north section of 99W between Garden Place and Hall Boulevard and northwest corner of 99W and Greenburg Road. Signal shutdowns will occur at the 99W and Hall Blvd intersection and at the 99W and Greenburg/Main intersection.
- Wednesday, July 13 – 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. – Paving on the north section of 99W between Garden Place and Hall Boulevard and northwest corner of 99W and Greenburg Road. Signal shutdowns will occur at the 99W and Hall Blvd intersection and at the 99W and Greenburg/Main intersection.
- Thursday, July 14 - 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. - Reserved for paving if weather causes delays
- Monday, July 18 – 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. - Traffic signal loop work.
- Thursday, July 21, through Thursday, July 28 – 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. – Striping on 99W from the Highway 217 interchange to the Greenburg/Main intersection
One lane of traffic in each direction will remain open on Highway 99W during this work; however, delays of up to 10 minutes may be experienced. Motorists are advised to anticipate delays and are encouraged to use alternate routes to avoid the area if possible during the nighttime work.
For more information about this project, please contact Capital Project Management at (503) 846-7800 or visit the Highway 99W project website. For current roadwork information, visit the Washington County Roads website at www.wc-roads.com.
Washington County is committed to building and maintaining the best transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and operating the county roadway system in a cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Victoria Saager, Interim Communications Coordinator