February 10 Winter Storm Update
Sponsored by: Department of Land Use & Transportation , Administrative Services/Office of the Director Division
As temperatures slowly rise throughout the region, the snow and ice are gradually melting, creating slippery, slushy conditions for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.
Road crews are working round the clock on our primary plow routes. Major arterials in the urban area are mostly passable. Secondary roads are still a challenge in some locations. Crews will get to the secondary plow routes as soon as they can. With all our resources focused on the major commute routes, we will not be plowing local neighborhood streets and many roads in the rural area.
As a reminder, make sure sidewalks are cleared in front of your home or business. If you live along a plow route, you'll need to remove the snow berm across your driveway if you need to get out. Also, to avoid local flooding as the snow melts, please make sure the storm drains in your area are clear and not blocked by snow.
We continue to suggest that folks stay home if possible, but if you must head out, be advised that traction devices may be needed on some roads that have not been cleared.
Here are some wintry weather commute tips:
- Washington County's Winter Weather Safety Topics
- ODOT's Winter Driving Guide (Winter Driving Guide - Spanish) and Winter Travel Packet
- NHTSA's Checklist and Tips for Safe Winter Driving
- ODOT’s TripCheck – Know before you go
To request help or report a road hazard:
- Life-threatening - emergency response - call 9-1-1
- Report a road hazard - after hours - non-emergency response – (503) 629-0111
- Report a road hazard - during business hours M-F 8am-5pm – (503) 846-ROAD (7623) or email@example.com
- Submit an online request for a non-emergency road service (monitored M-F 8am-5pm)
For local flooding:
- In city neighborhoods and on county roads inside cities - call appropriate city
- In urban unincorporated areas - call Clean Water Services at (503) 681-3600
Media Contact:Stephen Roberts, Communications Coordinator