Minor Betterment Committee Recommends Five Projects
For Immediate Release Tuesday, October 08, 2013
At its October 3 meeting the Minor Betterment Program Selection Committee recommended five small-scale interim road improvements for funding in fiscal year 2014-2015. The five candidates meet the committee's objectives of addressing safety and connectivity issues, while achieving geographic diversity and keeping the total estimated cost within the expected $500,000 budget allocation.
- Pedestrian path on Barnes Road from Saltzman Road to Cornell Road (CPO 1)
- Pedestrian path on Rock Road from Rock Court to Cornelius Pass Road (CPO 6)
- Pedestrian path on Scholls Ferry Road from east of Northvale Way to Laurelwood Road (CPO 3)
- Pedestrian path on Verboort Road from east of Visitation Road to Porter Road (CPO 13)
- Pedestrian path on Walker Road from 180th Avenue to 183rd Avenue (CPO 7)
The committee applied evaluation criteria to over 130 candidates, then asked the public to review and comment on the top candidates considered for funding. The committee considered nearly 150 written and phoned in comments, as well as public testimony at its October 3 meeting.
After review by Land Use & Transportation staff, the Minor Betterment projects recommended for funding will be included in the 2014-2015 Annual Road Maintenance Program presented to the Board of Commissioners for approval next June.
Related: MBP Completed and Upcoming Projects
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining the best transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and to operating the county roadway system in a cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Contact:Stephen Roberts, Communications Coordinator