Review draft LUT Public Involvement Guidelines for Transportation Planning, Programs and Projects
For Immediate Release: Friday, January 24, 2014
Washington County’s Department of Land Use & Transportation (LUT) is updating its Public Involvement Guidelines for Transportation Planning, Programs and Projects. On January 21, LUT Director Andrew Singelakis presented the draft guidelines to the Board of County Commissioners, noting that “community input is a key element of the transportation decision making process, and LUT is committed to providing meaningful public participation opportunities. These guidelines provide a ‘toolkit’ for how we do that.”
The public is invited to review the draft guidelines and submit comments by March 10, 2014. The draft guidelines are posted on LUT’s website at: www.co.washington.or.us/LUT/TransportationServices/public-involvement.cfm
To obtain a hardcopy of the draft guidelines or submit comments, contact LUT Communications Coordinator Stephen Roberts at 503-846-4963, firstname.lastname@example.org or 155 N First Avenue, Suite 350-16, Hillsboro, Oregon 97124.
The draft guidelines include:
- LUT’s public involvement objectives
- background information about the county’s transportation programs, decision making processes and opportunities to get involved
- public involvement tools, techniques and strategies LUT uses
- best practices for developing public involvement plans that encourage participation by all members of our diverse communities
Anticipated next steps:
- public review and comment period through March 10, 2014
- consider public input and potential revisions to the draft guidelines (March 2014)
- adopt the public involvement guidelines (late March or April 2014)
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and to operating the county roadway system in a cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Stephen Roberts, Communications Coordinator