URMDAC Recommends Six Safety Projects
For Immediate Release Friday, June 13, 2014119th Avenue at Lovejoy project scope changed
The 119th Avenue at Lovejoy project was originally described as pedestrian crossing. The description has changed to pedestrian improvements. The project will construct curb ramps on the east side of the intersection.
Original release: 6/13/14
- Pedestrian path on 209th Avenue between Blanton and railroad (CPO 6)
- Pedestrian/bike path on Kinnaman Road between Farmington and 185th (CPO 6)
- Pedestrian path on Cornell Road between 97th and 102nd (CPO 1)
- Pedestrian path on Thompson Road between Evergreen and 143rd (CPO 7)
- Pedestrian crossing on 119th Avenue at Lovejoy (CPO 1)
- Pedestrian path on 178th Avenue from TV Hwy to Johnson - URMD contribution to Gain Share project (CPO 6)
After review by Department of Land Use & Transportation staff, these URMD Safety Improvement projects will be included in the 2014-2015 Annual Road Maintenance Program presented to the Board of County Commissioners for approval later this month.
Related: URMD Safety Improvement Projects
Washington County is committed to planning, building and maintaining a great transportation system, ensuring the safety of all roadway users, and operating the county roadway system in a cost-effective and environmentally responsible manner.
Media Contact:Stephen Roberts, Communications Coordinator