Sunday Winter Storm Update
Sponsored by: Department of Land Use & Transportation , Engineering & Construction Services Division
The freezing rain left a glaze of ice over the snow resulting in slick conditions for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.
We are advising folks to stay home if possible, but if you must head out, we strongly encourage the use of traction devices.
As a reminder, make sure sidewalks are cleared in front of your house and help out neighbors that could use the assistance in this task too.
Our road crews will continue to plow and sand around the clock.
Continue to monitor our Twitter feed for the latest road information @WashCoRoads.
Here are some wintry weather commute tips:
- Washington County's Winter Weather Safety Topics
- ODOT's Winter Driving Guide (Winter Driving Guide - Spanish) and Winter Travel Packet
- NHTSA's Checklist and Tips for Safe Winter Driving
- ODOT’s TripCheck – Know before you go
To request help or report a road hazard:
- Life-threatening - emergency response - call 9-1-1
- Report a road hazard - after hours - non-emergency response – (503) 629-0111
- Report a road hazard - during business hours M-F 8am-5pm – (503) 846-ROAD (7623) or email@example.com
- Submit an online request for a non-emergency road service (monitored M-F 8am-5pm)
Be safe out there and keep warm (pets included)!
Contact:Stephen Roberts, Communications Coordinator