Crews prepare for wintry weather
Sponsored by: Department of Land Use & Transportation
The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch and is anticipating wintry weather to start rolling in Thursday afternoon and continuing off and on through Saturday night. Forecasts include snow and freezing rain at times.
In the event that this weather impacts our roads in Washington County, you can monitor our Twitter feed for the latest road information @WashCoRoads
Wintry weather can create slick conditions, especially in higher elevations. If roads are snowy or icy, stay home if you can. But if you must travel, make sure you are prepared!
Here are some wintry weather commute tips:
- Washington County's Winter Weather Safety Topics
- ODOT's Winter Driving Guide (Winter Driving Guide - Spanish) and Winter Travel Packet
- NHTSA's Checklist and Tips for Safe Winter Driving
- ODOT’s TripCheck – Know before you go
To request help or report a road hazard:
- Life-threatening - emergency response - call 9-1-1
- Report a road hazard - after hours - non-emergency response – (503) 629-0111
- Report a road hazard - during business hours M-F 8am-5pm – (503) 846-ROAD (7623) or email@example.com
- Submit an online request for a non-emergency road service (monitored M-F 8am-5pm)
Stay informed on the latest forecasts and warnings by visiting www.weather.gov/portland.
Contact:Stephen Roberts, Communications Coordinator