Public Involvement and Events
Bonny Slope West DRAFT Local Wetland and Riparian Inventory Available for Review
The Bonny Slope West DRAFT Local Wetland and Riparian Inventory (LWI) is available for review. The LWI addresses the location and characteristics of wetlands and riparian areas in the Bonny Slope West area.
- Draft Local Wetland and Riparian Inventory Report
Public comment on the DRAFT LWI may be submitted until 5:00PM on Monday, July 13, 2015. Submit your written feedback using one of these formats:
- Email - email@example.com
- In Person - Department of Land Use & Transportation - 155 N First Avenue, Hillsboro
(3rd Floor - Lobby open Mon-Thurs 8-4PM)
- Online - Submit your comments in the comment box towards the bottom of this webpage.
Bonny Slope West DRAFT Infrastructure Funding Plan Available Online
The Bonny Slope West DRAFT Infrastructure Funding Plan (IFP) addresses the funding for infrastructure (parks, transportation, water, sanitary sewer, stormwater, and schools) to serve new development in the Bonny Slope West area. The IFP is available online.
January 2015 Virtual Open House now available online
On January 26, 2015 the Bonny Slope West community was invited to attend an open house to review the new and revised Community Plan exhibits developed by the Washington County planning team.
About 55 people attended and reviewed informational posters on transportation, natural resources, infrastructure funding, and proposed plan elements (including land use designations, potential park study areas, and potential trail locations). The project team will review the feedback we received from open houses and online comment submissions, service providers and the Planning Commission as we continue refining the Community Plan.
Did you miss this event? View the new and revised exhibits from the January 26, 2015 Open House and submit comments by February 20, 2015. All three virtual open house links are listed below under the Project Links heading.
The public will have further opportunity to submit comment or provide testimony about the Bonny Slope West Community Plan this year when staff presents it to the Planning Commission and the Board of Commissioners.
Planning Commission Advisory Meetings - December 2014 & Spring 2015
The Planning Commission (PC) is holding a series of Bonny Slope West (Area 93) planning advisory meetings in December and January. These advisory meetings provide the PC with an opportunity to identify concerns for staff consideration with the ongoing Bonny Slope West community plan development.
On December 3, 2014, the PC held the first Bonny Slope West advisory meeting where staff discussed background information about the area (transfer history and physical concerns), provided a summary of the October 21 Open House and Community Event, summarized the public comments received to date, and discussed land use designations and residential densities.
At the December 17, 2014 meeting the PC discussed open space / park issues and transportation.
At the January 21 meeting, the PC discussed infrastructure funding and school siting issues.
At the March 4 meeting, the PC discussed the public feedback received at the January 26 open house, and next steps in the planning process.
A fifth meeting is scheduled for April 1, 2015 to discuss pros and cons of alternate methods for identifying Riparian Corridors, and a summary of Planning Commission and staff perspectives on major planning issues in Bonny Slope West.
The PC's Bonny Slope West advisory meetings are public meetings and represent an additional public involvement opportunity to provide oral comments for consideration by staff and the Planning Commission. Community input is also welcome through the project website by submitting comments in the Online Public Comments box toward the bottom of this page, by emailing comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling us at 503-846-3519. Meeting materials are posted on the Planning Commission web page.
Meeting Dates & Materials
Date & Time
December 3, 2014
December 17, 2014
March 4, 2015
- Bonny Slope West Technical Advisory Committee (TAC)
- Transfer and planning history of Bonny Slope West
- Planning process next steps
- April 10, 2014 Open House exhibits and displays
- October 21, 2014 Open House exhibits and displays
Online Public Comments
Interested in commenting on this project? We welcome your input on any of the reports, maps, and links for the project and encourage you to submit your comments in the box below or by email to email@example.com. Your comments will be shared with the Bonny Slope West community planning project team.
An ongoing log of comments submitted on the project are posted on the Maps and Documents page.
Public Records Disclosure: This comment form is a public record of Washington County and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law.
What have we heard to date?At the April 10 Open House we had good discussions and gathered your feedback. We've also received comments from a recent property owner and stakeholder questionnaire. The project team has also been talking with service providers through Technical Advisory Committee meetings to inform the creation of alternatives. Collectively, this input provides valuable assistance for the project team as we start to develop alternatives that reflect community aspirations and the reality of planning area constraints. Since the April Open House the project team has worked diligently to expand our understanding of physical constraints and service provider needs in the area, and to begin to develop realistic alternatives for a future community (contain elements that can be implemented). This work includes:
- Engaging Urbsworks (an urban design firm) to help with the land use planning and public processes;
- Continuing to work with Pacific Habitat Services (PHS) on the natural resources (Goal 5) inventory to define the vegetated corridor to be protected;
- Commissioning an engineering report on the location, feasibility and costs of potential vehicular and pedestrian stream crossings;
- Working with DOGAMI to refine information regarding landslide susceptibility;
- Engaging EcoNorthwest to help develop an infrastructure funding plan;
- Holding several meetings with the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) to better understand service provider needs, concerns and future plans;
- Conducting a 'stakeholder survey' and offering coffee meetings to property owners to better understand their desired outcomes from this planning effort prior to refining options;
- Meeting with several developer representatives with property interest within the area to better understand their desired outcomes from this planning effort prior to refining options;
a community meeting on October 21 to present work to date and conceptual
The Washington County Planning Commission will have the opportunity to review and provide feedback on the Draft Community Plan, which may lead to additional refinements.
Upcoming opportunities for community review and input include:
- Early 2015 - Open House on the Draft Bonny Slope West Community Plan and preparation of Community Plan text and maps
- Spring through Fall 2015 - Ordinance Hearings for the Bonny Slope West Draft Community Plan
The goal remains adoption of the Community Plan in the fall of 2015.