Public Involvement and Events
Please Join Us!
You are invited to an Area 93 Community Plan public event
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Portland Community College - Rock Creek Campus Event Center (Building 9)
17705 NW Springville Road, Portland, OR 97229
Doors open at 4:30 p.m.
Presentation begins at 5:30 p.m. and includes Area 93 work-to-date, wetland and natural resource inventory (new), and draft Community Plan alternatives.
Please join us in these discussions and provide input on proposed alternatives.
The April 2014 Open House was very successful -- the project team received substantial feedback on the previous Multnomah County Concept Plan to help guide the creation of alternative plans based on community desires and planning realities. To review the community's input, please visit the April 10 Open House webpage.
What have we heard to date?
At the April 10 Open House we had good discussions and gathered your feedback. We've also received comments from a recent property owner and stakeholder questionnaire. The project team has also been talking with service providers through Technical Advisory Committee meetings to inform the creation of alternatives. Collectively, this input provides valuable assistance for the project team as we start to develop alternatives that reflect community aspirations and the reality of planning area constraints.
Since the April Open House the project team has worked diligently to expand our understanding of physical constraints and service provider needs in the area, and to begin to develop realistic alternatives for a future community (contain elements that can be implemented). This work includes:
- Engaging Urbsworks (an urban design firm) to help with the land use planning and public processes;
- continuing to work with Pacific Habitat Services (PHS) on the natural resources (Goal 5) inventory to define the vegetated corridor to be protected;
- Commissioning an engineering report on the location, feasibility and costs of potential vehicular and pedestrian stream crossings;
- Working with DOGAMI to refine information regarding landslide susceptibility;
- Engaging EcoNorthwest to help develop an infrastructure funding plan;
- holding several meetings with the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) to better understand service provider needs, concerns and future plans;
- Conducting a 'stakeholder survey' and offering coffee meetings to property owners to better understand their desired outcomes from this planning effort prior to refining options;
- Meeting with several developer representatives with property interest within the area to better understand their desired outcomes from this planning effort prior to refining options.
A second community meeting is planned for October 21. At this meeting we will present our work to date and some conceptual planning options. Based upon input from the October 21 community event and further work with service providers, the project team will develop a Draft Community Plan. This plan will be used to develop estimated infrastructure costs.
The Washington County Planning Commission will have the opportunity to review and provide feedback on the Draft Community Plan, which may lead to additional refinements.
Upcoming opportunities for community review and input include:
- Late fall 2014 - Planning Commission Advisory Meetings on the Area 93 Draft Community Plan
- Early 2015 - Open House on the Draft Area 93 Community Plan and preparation of Community Plan text and maps
- Spring through Fall 2015 - Ordinance Hearings for the Area 93 Draft Community Plan
The goal remains adoption of the Community Plan in the fall of 2015.
Get Engaged / Stay Informed
- Submit comments about Area 93 community planning to the project team staff at any time, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or the comment box below.
- Sign up for e-Subscriptions to receive emailed updates about Area 93 community planning through this website: http://washtech.co.washington.or.us/subscriptions
(under the Land Use & Transportation heading, click on the text box to the left of Area 93 and enter your email address at the bottom of the page)
Online Public Comments
Interested in commenting on this project? Submit your comments in the text box below. Our planners will consider all comments as they develop the Community Plan for this area.