Safety Tips for Pedestrians and Drivers
Tips for Pedestrians...
- Be predictable.
- Use sidewalks where provided.
- Be alert - Don't assume all drivers are paying attention.
- Watch out - Make eye contact to be sure they see you!
- Be seen - Dress in light colors, wear retro-reflective material.
- Alcohol and drugs can impair your ability to walk safely.
- Carry a flashlight in very dark areas.
- Cross or enter streets where it is legal to do so.
- Where no sidewalks are provided, it is usually safer to walk facing road traffic.
- Stay off freeways and restricted zones.
- Use extra caution when crossing multiple-lane, higher speed streets.
Tips for Drivers...