Walking and Biking to School
Young children on their way to school face a wide variety of decision-making situations and dangers.
Here are a few basic safety tips to follow:
- Follow all traffic signals and/or the crossing guard – even if there is no traffic coming.
- Walk with a buddy.
- Wear reflective material - it makes you more visible to street traffic.
- Walk your bike through intersections.
- Always use sidewalks and crosswalks where available
- Before crossing any street – STOP – LOOK – LISTEN