Banks/Vernonia Trail Extension
This "Rail to Trails" project has completed the existing Banks-Vernonia Linear Trail, which currently ends 2/3 of a mile north of the city of Banks. The improvements have connected the city of Banks with other destinations along the 26-mile long linear trail; including Buxton, L.L. Stub Stewart State Park, and the city of Vernonia. It will provide pedestrians, equestrians and bicyclists with a pleasant and safe travel route.
The Banks-Vernonia Trail Extension included the following:
- A landscaped trailhead at the intersection of Banks and Sellers Road
- A parking facility at the Banks trailhead
- A ten-foot wide paved path
- A parallel four-foot wide unpaved equestrian path
- Replacement of the train trestle crossing West Fork Dairy Creek with a concrete bridge structure