Cornelius Pass Road (Wilkins to Aloclek)
Prior to this project, Cornelius Pass Road between Wilkins Street and Aloclek Drive was the only remaining unimproved section of Cornelius Pass Road between Highway 26 and Tualatin Valley Highway. Increasing residential and commercial development in the area has resulted in increased traffic, which made this a high priority project in order to meet capacity needs.
This project widened Cornelius Pass Road between Wilkins and Aloclek to four travel lanes with a center turn lane, connecting the existing north and south completed sections of road.
The widening work will improve the traffic flow and enhance the safety of cyclists and pedestrians traveling on Cornelius Pass Road.
- Vertical and horizontal realignment
- Flattening the curve south of the MAX light rail overpass
- Installation of bike lanes and sidewalks to connect the existing sections
- Replacement of the existing bridge over Rock Creek
- Upgrades to the storm drainage system and water quality treatment system
- Retaining wall installation to minimize the impacts to the significant natural resource areas
- Installation of a traffic signal at Cherry Drive and Cornelius Pass Road
85-foot long concrete girder bridge beams were salvaged from this project and used for the Johnson School Road county bridge project.
Email: Abe Turki
MSTIP - Major Streets Transportation Improvement Program
County and City TIF - Traffic Impact Fees
The total project cost noted above includes the estimated cost of design, right-of-way and construction and is subject to change.
Current Activity - completed
This project, in conjunction with the Johnson School Road project, won the 2013 APWA Project of the Year award. Staff accepted the award at the 2013 OR APWA Fall conference in Bend on October 24, 2013.
Previous Project Update Newsletters
Design start date: 12/01/2010
Construction start date: 06/18/2012
Estimated completion date: 04/19/2013
Note: Dates are subject to change due to weather and/or other unforeseeable events.