Cornelius Pass Road (Wilkins to Aloclek)
Prior to this project, Cornelius Pass Road between Wilkins Street and Aloclek Drive was the only remaining unimproved section of Cornelius Pass Road between Highway 26 and Tualatin Valley Highway. Increasing residential and commercial development in the area has resulted in increased traffic, which made this a high priority project in order to meet capacity needs.
This project widened Cornelius Pass Road between Wilkins and Aloclek to four travel lanes with a center turn lane, connecting the existing north and south completed sections of road.
The widening work will improve the traffic flow and enhance the safety of cyclists and pedestrians traveling on Cornelius Pass Road.
- Vertical and horizontal realignment
- Flattening the curve south of the MAX light rail overpass
- Installation of bike lanes and sidewalks to connect the existing sections
- Replacement of the existing bridge over Rock Creek
- Upgrades to the storm drainage system and water quality treatment system
- Retaining wall installation to minimize the impacts to the significant natural resource areas
- Installation of a traffic signal at Cherry Drive and Cornelius Pass Road
85-foot long concrete girder bridge beams were salvaged from this project and used for the Johnson School Road county bridge project.
Project ContactAbe Turki
Email: Abe Turki